Suggested Program for May 2, 2020
Connect and Praise
1) Opening Prayer
Say a prayer together as a family.
2) Memory Verse Activity
But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men." - Acts 5:29 (ESV)
3) Prayer Songs
Choose your favorite Sabbath School Songs to sing as a family.
4) Praise Chain
Create a paper chain of links praising God for His blessings that week. Make this a weekly activity and see how long your chain can get!
Study and Grow
This week we are focusing on loving our enemies. Click a story to enjoy seeing an enemy we are called to love...
- Moses and the Burning Bush (Click to View)
- God Speaks to Samuel (Click to View)
- The Story of Jonah (Click to View)
Craft and Do
1) God’s Promises Pillowcase
Use an old or inexpensive cotton pillowcase and permanent markers or fabric paints to personalize it with reassuring and comforting verses. Tie-dye it or sew soft ribbon or lace around the edges to make it more decorative. Consider verses such as: “In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe” Psalm 4:8. “He who keeps you will not slumber” Psalm 121:2. Or any favourite verse. For older children, have them use a concordance to find key words like "sleep" or "safety". This is a great Bible study activity, as well.
2) Make Scripture memory placemats out of 11”x14” construction paper, poster board, or paper - one for each family member and a few extras for guests. Print a different verse on each placemat; decorate them with correlating pictures and drawings and laminate (clear mac-tac works well). Take turns at the table saying the “placemat” verses before or after each meal. Create memory links with food-themed verses like, “But the fruit of the Spirit is…" (Galatians 5:22-23) and Jesus said to them, “I am the Bread of Life", etc. (John 6:35)